Visitors have plenty of romantic and fun choices when looking for things to do in Bardstown, Kentucky. This charming historic town is packed with great restaurants, historic sites, and of course, excellent bourbon distilleries.
Make your couple’s escape to an elegant bed and breakfast in this beautiful area of Kentucky for an unforgettable getaway. Book your room at the unforgettable Maple Hill Manor Bed and Breakfast today!
- Romantic Restaurants – Bardstown’s quaint, walkable downtown is filled with romantic places to dine and some of the surround bourbon distilleries also offer great dining. The Willet Distillery has recently opened The Bar at Willet, it’s a wonderful place for a classy cocktail and savory small plates. While Bottle & Bond Kitchen and Bar serves contemporary southern food with innovative craft cocktails, at the Bardstown Bourbon Company location. Discover the cozy, candlelit Rickhouse Restaurant & Lounge, tucked away in the lower level of a historic Bardstown building in the center of town.
- Bourbon Distilleries – Learn more about the industry that made Bardstown. After all distillery tours and tastings are one of the most popular things to do in Bardstown KY. Visitors hear about the fascinating history, see the bourbon-making process and best of all, taste the smooth amber drink. Many distilleries offer special tours that include cocktail mixing classes, small bites, and even small bourbon museums on-site. Learn more about the 170-year-old bourbon recipe and the iconic wax-dipped bottles at Maker’s Mark®. Experience a hands-on tour at the Bardstown Bourbon Company, then stay for dinner at their restaurant Bottle & Bond. Visit the Heaven Hill Distillery that also houses the Bardstown Bourbon Heritage Center. The historic Willett Distillery and Barton 1792 Distillery both offer comprehensive tours with stories going back to the birth of the Bardstown industry.
- My Old Kentucky Home – No Bardstown visit is complete without touring this beautiful Federal-style mansion built in 1818. Experience the historic home of the Rowan family while strolling through the opulent rooms filled with antiques and original art. Your guide, dressed in period clothing, recalls stories of deadly duels, horse racing, and tragedy. A tour here must be on any list of things to do in Bardstown KY.
- Train Excursion – My Old Kentucky Dinner Train has several tour options for a very romantic and relaxing day or evening. Enjoy an excellent multi-course meal while the scenic Kentucky countryside rolls by your window. They also offer special tours for Valentine’s Day, an exciting Murder Mystery dinner and bourbon tasting experience as well. All excursion includes a sumptuous meal on the beautifully restored 1940’s dining car and it’s one of the most unique things to do in Bardstown KY.
- A Romantic Bed and Breakfast – Discover the luxurious Maple Hill Manor Bed and Breakfast located in the country (just minutes from Bardstown, 16 miles east on US 150). Each spacious, antique-appointed guest room has a private bath. The classic antique furnishings combine with all the modern amenities create the perfect relaxing atmosphere. Reserve your romantic couple’s getaway and discover all the romantic things to do in Bardstown KY.
3 Romantic Things to do at Maple Hill Manor B&B
Your hosts at the Maple Hill Manor Bed and Breakfast offer the very best in hospitality and attention to detail. From the gourmet breakfasts served each morning to the perfectly appointed rooms with plush beds and fine linens. However, The Maple Hill Manor offers extra amenities to add to your best list of the things to do in Bardstown KY.
- Spa Specials – Indulge yourself with a relaxing massage in the convenience of your guest room. The professionally licensed massage therapists offer a wide-variety of options from deep-tissue to an in-room couple’s massage. What could be more romantic?
- Dine at the Inn – enjoy a private dinner for 2. Choose our gazebo, patio, or our formal dining room.
- Enjoy our Farm – Walk hand-in-hand strolling our farm, spoiling our Alpacas & Llamas and our Kentucky Mountain Horse, Pretty Penny. They love the attention. There are several chairs and benches throughout the property for relaxation and enjoying the views of beautiful farmland.
Plan your romantic trip and discover all the exciting things to do in the Bardstown KY area. The Maple Hill Manor Bed and Breakfast has a great central location in a tranquil setting and everything needed for a luxurious getaway. Reserve your elegant guest suite with us for the romantic couple’s escape you deserve.