Our Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky is located near Springfield, right in the heart of Kentucky’s horse and bourbon country. There are so many great things to do here, including sampling bourbon, visiting horse farms and racing facilities, and diving into local history at places like the Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill.
The Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill is located about 40 minutes from us, on the rural outskirts of Lexington, Kentucky, in Harrodsburg. It’s the largest historical landmark in Kentucky and a genuinely fascinating place to spend a day. There are several great things to do at the Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill, far beyond exploring the historic buildings on-site. And it’s just one of the many great things waiting for you here in Kentucky this fall!
Of course, besides offering our guests convenient access to all the best attractions in this part of Kentucky, we also offer them a quiet, restful escape in the country to retreat to at the end of the day. Our Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky provides a far different lodging experience than traditional hotels and even most Kentucky Bed and Breakfasts, as we’re situated on a farm outside any urban area and thus far away from the busy crowds of summer and fall.
Join us for a fun, memorable, and relaxing getaway at our Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky. We offer couples the perfect place to escape the daily grind, even if just for a day or two. Book your room today!
What to See: The Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill
The Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill is a unique historical attraction. Between 1805 and 1910, Kentucky was home to the third-largest Shaker Community in the country. They were known for their iconic architecture, skilled craftsmanship, and profound spirituality.
The Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill now stands as a well-kept historical landmark and is home to the largest restored Shaker Community in the country. The Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill sits on 3,000 acres of rural farmland just outside Lexington, KY. Though there were once more than 200 structures on the property, today, the Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill includes 34 restored 19th-century buildings. Together, these buildings and the land tell a fascinating story of Kentucky’s Shaker Community.
Touring these iconic buildings is a “must” during any visit to the Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill, but that’s not the only thing to do there.
- Visit the Historic Centre of the Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill, which offers various exhibits, furniture, artifacts, and archives that tell the story of the Kentucky Shakers.
- Farming was integral to the community that lived in the Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill. Today, you can get a feel for the farming practices that supported the community and meet the animals at the farm.
- Walk through the beautiful Preserve at the Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill, where you’ll find native prairies, woodlands, watersheds, fields, canebrakes, and diverse wildlife. There are more than 36 miles of trails to explore here.
- Head to Shaker Landing for a boating adventure through the Kentucky River Palisades. This is one of the few public access points for the river area, which offers breathtaking scenery among the steep, scenic gorges and limestone outcroppings.
- Finally, take a horseback ride (on your own horse) through the beautiful 3,000-acre Preserve at the Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill. There are 29 miles of horseback riding trails available here, including some that horse-drawn carriages can use!
The Best Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky
From visits to historic places like the Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill to bourbon tastings at top Kentucky distilleries, there’s much to love about this part of Kentucky. The only thing that can possibly make your trip to Kentucky better is the chance to stay with us at our rural Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky.
Our Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky Is a fantastic respite for couples looking to get away, take a break, and have a little fun together. We’re 20 minutes from downtown Bardtown’s bourbon distilleries, shopping, and historic attractions and 40 minutes from places like Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill. And these are just two things to do in Bardstown and beyond! The area is truly a fascinating one to explore.
However you enjoy your getaway, the quiet stillness of our farm and Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky is unmatched. The Inn is its own piece of fascinating Kentucky history and stands as one of the best-preserved Antebellum-style homes in Kentucky. We offer seven guest rooms and ample space to spread out and relax. In the morning, join us for a delicious breakfast before heading out on your adventure, and otherwise, get ready to enjoy some classic Kentucky hospitality. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky today!