Bardstown’s charming downtown is filled with a wonderful variety of things to do. That goes for the food scene, too. There is a wonderful assortment of restaurants in Bardstown, KY! After strolling the lovely tree-lined streets, stop in for a delicious lunch or dinner, and enjoy the explosion of flavors at the top restaurants in Bardstown, KY.
There’s a wide selection of pubs, cafes, bistros, and elegant restaurants in Bardstown, KY to choose from. Enjoy the best Southern comfort food, bourbon-inspired BBQ, or fresh Italian dishes. Dine in beautiful, historic homes filled with character, or hear the local lore in rustic pubs. However, nothing is more relaxing than a dinner train ride through the countryside.
All these tempting restaurants are near the centrally-located Maple Hill Manor Bed and Breakfast. Regardless of the reason for your visit to Kentucky Bourbon Country, we’d love to welcome you as a guest to the best Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky. Maple Hill Manor is a lodging experience truly beyond compare. Book your room today!
10 Great Restaurants in Bardstown, KY
Whether you’re looking for a romantic dinner or a relaxed pub, you’ll find plenty of choices among the top restaurants in Bardstown, KY. Couple these fantastic meals with a delicious bourbon tasting either before, during, or after dinner, and you have the perfect getaway to Kentucky’s bourbon country!
Though there are plenty of fantastic places to eat – and more always in progress, we’ve listed what we think are the ten best restaurants in Bardstown, KY below.
- The Rickhouse – Tucked in the historic Spalding Hall, discover this cozy hideaway, considered by many to be one of the most romantic restaurants in Bardstown, KY. Sip a perfectly crafted bourbon cocktail in unique “moon” booths made from reclaimed bourbon barrels. Also, savor their juicy steaks or delicious seafood on the airy patio during the warm nights.
- Bottle & Bond – This modern cafe serves up exceptional comfort food all made with the finest, farm-fresh ingredients. Small plates and lighter fare are also available with beer, wine, and classic cocktails. They also offer original cocktail creations including “boozy” milkshakes.
- Kurtz Restaurant – Since 1937 three generations have served traditional Southern cuisine in this beautiful historic home, rated as one of the best restaurants in Bardstown, KY. Come with an appetite and sample community favorites such as Kentucky country ham, homemade cobblers, pies, and biscuit pudding.
- Kreso’s Restaurant – This family-owned restaurant serves European food cooked to perfection. Enjoy Cordon Bleu, Wiener Schnitzel and goulash with a fine cocktail.
- My Old Kentucky Dinner Train – For a very special dinner experience board a luxury dinner train. It’s not only a scenic ride with gorgeous rolling countryside to admire, but it truly is one of the best restaurants in Bardstown, KY. Enjoy a four-course meal, and add even more entertainment to the two-and-a-half-hour tour with the Murder Mystery Dinner or Bourbon Tasting.
- Old Talbott Tavern – This tavern has been a stagecoach stop for travelers since the late 1700s. As a result, the stonework building has a lot of history and charm – and it also houses one of the most popular restaurants in Bardstown, KY. Satisfying fried chicken, country ham, and chess pie are the house specialties. While the Bourbon Bar has great pub fare and entertainment on the weekends.
- Cafe Primo – When you’re craving thin-crust pizza or fresh pasta dishes try this quaint cafe. They serve excellent Italian dishes in an intimate dining room and a shaded patio for warm summer days.
- Mammy’s Kitchen – A fun place to get yummy food in a colorful restaurant with plenty of personality. The bourbon burger is a popular dish along with southern favorites like fried green tomatoes, collard greens, and baby brown. There are plenty of choices on their extensive menu but be sure to save room for the excellent chocolate pie.
- Bullitt’s Winery & Bistro – This wine bar not only offers flights of their wonderful wines but also a full menu, making it a great choice among restaurants in Bardstown, KY. While it’s a great place to taste local wines, this cozy bistro also offers pizza and other Italian dishes.
- Alexander Bullitt’s Brewery & BBQ – Visit this casual cafe for the best BBQ brisket. Every tasty BBQ dish is served with sweet potato fries and choices of handmade sauces. Also, be sure to try the local craft beer.
Bardstown visitors will never run out of great food to enjoy if you choose these fantastic restaurants in Bardstown. The list continues with sushi, Mexican, and steakhouses if you’re looking for even more!
The Best Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky
Of course, whether you spend your day visiting the many Kentucky bourbon distilleries in the area or tour museums to learn more about the fascinating history in this part of the state, there’s only one place worth relaxing at the end of the day. Our Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky offers unparalleled lodging on a stunning horse farm just outside of Bardstown.
Maple Hill Manor is situated in a beautifully restored historic home, nestled on many acres of rolling farmland. Our grounds are home to beautiful horses and other farm animals, a lovely perk enjoyed by all guests who visit our Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky. With exquisite guest rooms and that warm southern welcome you crave, there’s truly no better place to stay in Kentucky Bourbon Country. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky today!