There are plenty of reasons to plan a getaway to our romantic Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky this year, not least of which is the chance to reconnect in a beautiful place with your loved one. However, there are also plenty of fun things to do in Bardstown, KY, which isn’t too far away, not to mention bourbon tastings at some of the top Kentucky distilleries – all of these provide an excellent opportunity to create lasting memories with your sweetheart.
Our romantic Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky is the perfect couple’s getaway, regardless of the season. We’re located in the quiet countryside of Kentucky Bourbon Country. We’re a short drive away from all the exciting things to do in Bardstown, KY, but we offer a peaceful and restorative place to rest your head at night, far enough away from the busy crowds. From visits to My Old Kentucky Home State Park to a ride on the My Old Kentucky Dinner Train, you won’t run out of fun things to do in Bardstown, KY this year.
Between visits to Bardstown and bourbon tastings and tours at area distilleries, we invite you to spend some time meandering our farm, visiting our friendly horses, and otherwise relaxing and enjoying some uninterrupted time together. These moments, after all, are the best part about romantic couple’s getaways – and there’s nowhere better to enjoy them than our Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky. Book your room today!
The Best Things to Do in Bardstown in 2023
The charming, historic town of Bardstown – best known as the Bourbon Capital of the World – is just 20 minutes from our Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky. Not only is it an easy day trip for guests staying at our Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky, but there are so many things to do in Bardstown, KY that it makes an excellent place to spend a day!
Bardstown has been voted (more than once!) as one of the most beautiful small towns in the country, a fact that won’t be lost on you the moment you drive in. As wonderful as this scenic beauty and the great bourbon distilleries are, that’s just scratching the surface of great things to do in Bardstown, KY. It’s also a city filled with history, arts, great food, beautiful outdoor parks, and more. We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite things to do in Bardstown, KY – all of which make great additions to your couple’s getaways at our Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky this year!
- Given that it’s the bourbon capital of the world, it’s probably no surprise that visiting as many of the Bardstown bourbon distilleries as you can/want is at the top of our list of things to do in Bardstown, KY. Take a tour with Bourbontown Tours, or visit some of the distilleries on your own!
- Take your bourbon knowledge to a new level with a visit to the Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History.
- Don’t miss your chance to visit My Old Kentucky Home State Park. The grounds and buildings are beautiful and full of history – and it’s one of the most highly rated things to do in Bardstown, KY.
- If you’re looking for a romantic dinner out, complete with a bourbon experience if you want it, don’t miss a ride on My Old Kentucky Dinner Train.
- It’s one of the most beautiful small towns in America, so of course, one of the best things to do in Bardstown, KY is stroll through town! There are plenty of great shops and plenty of exciting things to see.
- Take a historic walking tour of downtown Bardstown, and learn all about the rich history of this charming little town.
- If a breath of fresh air sounds appealing, we recommend walking among the (friendly) giants at Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest. It’s a stunning place to visit any time of year, but it’s particularly breathtaking in the fall. There are some other nearby hiking trails worth exploring, too.
- Don’t miss the Civil War Museum of the Western Theatre and the Women’s Museum of the Civil War. These museums are among the best things to do in Bardstown, KY for history lovers.
- If you’re in town during the summer, don’t miss a spectacular performance of the Stephen Foster Story, which is held at the amphitheater of My Old Kentucky Home State Park.
- Visit the beautiful Abbey of Gethsemani, which was founded in 1848. Explore their grounds, learn about monastery life, and shop the gift store and its variety of Gethsemani Farms products.
Stay at the Most Romantic Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky
Whether you want to experience all of these great things to do in Bardstown, KY, or just a few, we hope you’ll truly take the time to explore and enjoy this remarkable and charming town. It’s a true gem in western Kentucky. While you’re in the area, embrace the quiet stillness of our farm and stay with us at our top-rated romantic Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky.
Our romantic Kentucky Bed and Breakfast is just 20 minutes from downtown Bardstown in the scenic heart of Kentucky’s bourbon and horse country. Our Inn is housed in one of the best-preserved Antebellum-style homes in Kentucky, setting a beautiful stage for your romantic getaways in Kentucky.
Our Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky offers seven guest rooms and ample space to spread out and relax without the hectic crowds of hotels or cities. In the morning, we’ll treat you to a delicious multi-course breakfast – a wonderful treat you won’t find just anywhere. Get ready to enjoy the best of Bardstown with us this year! Book your room at our romantic Bed and Breakfast in Kentucky today!